7 Best Contacts App for Android in 2018
AppBytes: Tired of your old boring default Contacts app that came by default with your smartphone? Is it outdated and lacking features that modern and latest contacts app have? If you think it is time to switch your default contact manager app, then here are some of the best contacts apps for Android.
Agree with it or not, Smartphones have replaced almost everything that we once used. With Gigabytes of storage, smartphones can easily store unlimited contacts inside them. But the most difficult task is to manage them with ease. As calling is the basic functionality of every phone, smartphones come with default apps to manage and edit contacts. Smartphone manufacturers add a default stock app to manage contacts.
These stock contacts app might not impress every user as they lack some modern features. Also, these stock apps are not secure as manufacturers often ignore them without supporting them. As a result, the contact data will be vulnerable to threats. So if you are looking for some modern and secure Android Contacts App then here are the best picks for you. Though there are many contacts apps there are only a few decent options. Here are the best contacts apps for Android.
Best Contacts Apps for Android:
No company knows better than Google about Android. Google has the right set of tools to improve your Android experience. Google contacts is one among them with the right features you need. It has the most simple interface with all the required features to add, sort, edit and manage your contacts. Additionally, you can even safely back up the contacts in your Google Account to the cloud and access them from anywhere across any device. If you are looking for a simple app built by a trusted developer the Download and start using Google Contacts to manage your Contacts. It is the best Android contacts app with 50 Million+ installs.
- View your contacts by account (e.g., work vs. personal)
- Easily add contacts and edit information like phone numbers, emails, and photos.
- Easier Navigation.
- Get suggestions for adding new contacts, cleaning up duplicates, and more.
- Better Security and privacy.
- Integrates With your Google Account.
Sync.Me is another best Android Contacts app with top-notch features. It excels in organizing your contacts with a minimal interface. Sync.Me integrates with your social media profiles and pulls contact information from them. It updates your contact profiles with the latest profile pictures from their social media profiles so that you can easily identify the contacts. It can auto-sync with social media accounts like Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, and VK.com.
- Birthday reminders – Get daily birthday reminders and send contacts personalized greeting cards.
- Caller ID – Identify unknown caller ID, blocking incoming calls and unwanted calls.
- Full contact ID details – view the complete contact ID of your contacts list including name, number, and data from social media profiles.
- Social caller ID- Keep your contacts up to date and synchronize their latest pictures and information from all major social networks.
- Reverse lookup – SyncME lets you perform a reverse phone lookup any number to find out who it is and find out who called.
It is a dynamic and intelligent Android Contacts app with unique auto adapt features that updates users details in real time. It is a good alternative to your native Android contacts app. Addappt is a best contacts app for Android with a focus on privacy. If you care about your personal data and privacy then this is the app that you may be looking for. Addappt strongly says that they don’t store your data on their servers and will not sell your data to any third party services. That’s a thumbs up for privacy geeks. It has its own pros and cons, but overall it is a worthy contacts manager app for Android.
- Smart contact manager.
- Group messaging support, one-tap messaging for a variety of preset texts.
- Live contacts which update with photos and contacts of your friends.
- Smartwatch support.
Covve is simple, beautifully designed address book app that is available for Android and iOS as well. The first time you see the app, you will instantly love its elegant interface. Covve, not only has elegant looks, it also has powerful features that will keep you connected with people in your contact and list and help you build meaningful relationships and professional network at a time.
The state of art Contacts app is an It’s your automated, AI-powered, contacts assistant, helping you stay in touch, grow and leverage your network, uncovering new opportunities. This contact app is the winner of T-Mobile & Nokia Warp Program.
- Beautiful and clean modern User Interface.
- Powerful professional networking features.
- Best contact management app for businesses.
- Enhanced privacy features.
Truecaller hardly needs an introduction as it is one of the best used apps for identifying unknown and anonymous calls. It is one of the best dialer apps and has a powerful spam filter to block spam calls. Along with that Truecaller also has an integrated contacts manager app. It may not be as powerful as the above dedicated contacts apps but it is pretty good with simple functionality. Truecaller has contact field to save mail ID, Address and other basic functionalities. It is worth trying Truecaller as your Contact manager. Its ability as an all in one communication app makes it a versatile app.
- Powerful Call identifier that lets you identify unknown calls.
- Contact backup option.
Simpler Contacts is also a multi-functional contact manager that can also be used as a dialer and spam call blocker. It is one of the best customizable Android contacts apps featuring over 40 themes to choose from. Simpler Android contacts app helps you to quickly manage your duplicate contacts in the easiest way. It also has quick contact lookup feature that allows you to find all the contacts quickly.
- Handy features to merge duplicate contacts
- Keeps your contact book clean and tidy without making a mess.
- Quick offline contact backup and restore options.
- Advanced contact grouping features let you quickly send group messages or emails.
7. Drupe: Contacts, Contacts, Phone Dialer & Caller ID
Drupe, just like Truecaller is a versatile app with several features which include contact management features as well. It is one of the best dialer apps for 2018, thanks to its powerful social media integration features. Drupe contacts app is an all in one contacts apps that can clean up your phonebook mess due to Google’s duplicate contacts.
- Integration with social media apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Google Duo etc. Stay connected even with your online friends.
- Snooze your missed calls and reconnect when you are free.
- Contact based reminders.
- Seamless search experience with search as you type feature.
Still confused to pick the right one? Don’t worry we will help you choose the best app you deserve. If you want something that is secure and backed by tech giants, then Google Contacts is the best pick to optimise your contacts. In fact, it is user-friendly and is a perfect choice for beginners.
Sync.Me and Drupe are perfect for the who always stay connected with their online network. It is a good choice for those who are trying to build a social network of friends. If you are a business person and looking for a secure contacts app then we suggest you use addappt and Covve as they help you to enjoy your privacy and help you to build your professional network to improve your business.
If you are looking for a multifunctional contacts app that you can even use as a dialer then you can go ahead with either of TrueCaller or Simpler Contacts app as both of them are good in their own ways.’
So these are the best Android contacts apps that you can rely on to manage, optimize and organise your contacts and stay connected with your friends and family.